Dr. Valerie A. King B.S.,D.C.
Colorado State University, Bachelors in Human Nutrition, 1980
- Western States Chiropractic College, Doctorate in Chiropractic, 1985
- Diplomate Chiropractic Orthopedics 1990
- Continuing Education with specialty in Motor vehicle collision injury, Biomechanics, Diagnosis, Management, Analysis of Medical Records, Whiplash and Pain Managment
- Institute of Functional Medicine - Post Graduate courses in Nutrition
- Nationally and in the states of Oregon and California
Dr. Valerie A. King, a specialist in family chiropractic, completed her undergraduate studies at Colorado State University and received her doctorate degree from Western States Chiropractic College, where she served as faculty for 3 years during her training. Dr. King has practiced in Portland since 1985 and has served as the chiropractic advisor for the RAC and WAC for many years. She completed the Diplomate Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics class and the Advanced Team Physician Program at the American College of Sports Medicine.
Dr. King's practice encompasses all aspects of chiropractic care, treating all ages with an emphasis on acute injury prevention and sports injuries. Wellness exams and comprehensive, individually tailored health and exercise regimens will be available for all patients.
A Connecticut native, Dr. King has traveled as a team physician for the world skydiving team in Thailand, here in the U.S., and other countries. Dr. King enjoys running, completing several marathons, triathalons, and events such as Hood to Coast and Cascade Run Off. As a pilot, she enjoys flying with her husband and kids. In addition, she enjoys jumping horses and skiing.
Dr. King is eager to provide patients with an outstanding level of chiropractic care, analyzing posture and body mechanics from the feet on up. Our setting at King Chiropractic Clinic is unhurried and personal, where the secret in the care of the patient is in caring for the patient.